Adams Central Athletes and Community,
We are sharing this information to give direction and guidance for Spring Sports Activity from Monday March 16 – Sunday April 12th, in light of the updated Adams Central school closing for this week and the two weeks following Spring Break. Our students will be involved in various eLearning activities for most of this closure. In the past during eLearning days we had the option to practice, this situation is different. In trying to contain the spread of Covid – 19 we are working to isolate our students from large group activity. That being said the following athletic rules apply for the dates of March 16 – April 12:
- No practices
- No team meetings or activities of any kind involving athletes
- No student use of Adams Central athletic facilities for physical activity
- No student use of Adams Central athletic facilities for training purposes (Trainer will not be available at AC for treatment)
- As of March 16 all Spring sports are in season. This means per IHSAA rules athletes are not permitted to work out with club teams during this time. Working out with club teams will result in ineligibility.
- Adams Central’s athletic facilities will be closed for use by anyone, including track, playing fields, pool, weight room, gymnasiums and using hallways for personal exercise
- Coaches will be in touch via normal electronic communication methods
- Spring schedules will be adjusted over the next few weeks
- Spring Sports practices are anticipated to begin on April 13th.
- When picking up school supplies Monday 3/16 and Tuesday 3/17, make sure to clean out athletic lockers as well.
Please stay positive and flexible. We are in unprecedented times and need to remain focused on the most important item, the health and well – being of our students and community members.
If you have any questions please contact the Athletic Office, 260-692-6105 or your coach.